The prize is awarded to pulp and paper mills, as well as manufacturers and suppliers of equipment and services for their successful contribution to the development of the pulp and paper industry. The awarding ceremony took place within the PAP-FOR online forum.
“This is a new event for the pulp and paper industry,” says Victoria Kirillova, director of the PAP-FOR exhibition and forum.
– The prize was created with the aim of acquainting the professional community with examples of successfully implemented projects, solutions and achievements. The winners were elected by the members of the expert council, consisting of the pulp and paper industry professionals.
– The concept of the Prize includes two blocks of nominations: for pulp and paper mills and industries and for manufacturers and suppliers of equipment and services for the pulp and paper sector.
Each participating company had the opportunity to choose one or several nominations at once. The applications received by the organizing committee of the Prize were considered by representatives of the expert jury, evaluated according to a previously developed scale of points, and the results were submitted for general discussion.
As a result of the collective decision of the jury, the following winners were determined:
- Mondi SLPK won in the nominations Enterprise of high social responsibility and Effective personnel policy at the pulp and paper mill.
- The winners in environmental nominations were JSC Arkhangelsk PPM – Effective strategy in the field of environmental protection and JSC Kondopozhskiy PPM – The best solution in the field of environmental protection in 2020.
- In the category Successful Marketing Strategy. The expansion of markets in Russia and abroad was won by United Paper Mills
- The winner in the nomination Diversity in the product line, as well as the Laureate in the Lean manufacturing nomination, was the Solnechnogorsk Experimental Mechanical Plant JSC (SOEMZ).
- The championship in the nomination Innovative packaging was awarded to the Selenginsky Pulp and Cardboard Mill.
Among manufacturers and suppliers of equipment and services, they received high marks and deserved victory:
- Sam Technology LLC in the nomination Innovative solution in the field of equipment production.
- Höcker Polytechnik in the category Energy efficient equipment at a pulp and paper mill.
- IM Consulting Group in the Effective Marketing Strategy category.
Among the winners of the PAP-FOR Awards 2020 were Technical Paper JSC in the Energy Saving and Energy Efficiency nomination in the PPI and Electronmash JSC in the Energy efficient equipment nomination at the PPI enterprise.
In addition, Volga JSC and Syktyvkar Tissue Group JSC became the laureates of the Prize.
The general information partner of the Prize was noted by the business magazine LesPromInform, the Syasky PPM, which presented in the nomination Innovative packaging eco-packaging film made from recycled raw materials with the addition of sugar cane fibers.
The magazine also noted the unique project of the United Paper Mills company, proposed in the nomination Enterprises of high social responsibility – the creation in the village of Polotnyany plant, Kaluga region. the only paper museum in Russia Buseon.
Today’s event brought together like-minded people, patriots of the industry, who are united by a great desire for pulp and paper enterprises to be equipped with modern equipment, introduce advanced technologies, and products that meet international quality standards, are in demand both in Russia and abroad, – she said in her welcoming speech to To the participants of the Prize, Senator of the Russian Federation, Chairman of the Expert Advisory Council on the Forestry Complex under the Federation Council Committee on Agrarian and Food Policy and Environmental Management Tatyana Gigel.
It is no coincidence that the Prize presents such a wide range of nominations. I believe that the decision of the Reed Exhibition management to establish the industry-specific PAP-FOR Awards meets the spirit of the times and the need to determine the vector for the development of the forestry complex and the entire Russian economy in the long term.
All projects of the nominees for the Prize and the composition of the expert jury are posted on the page of the PAP-FOR Awards 2020.